Sunday, October 31, 2010

paging dr. house

so I recently went as hugh laurie from the tv show House for halloween. and I had to grow my beard out for the costume. now I used to love this. I loved having the facial hair and not tucking my shirt in (just like dr. house) and wearing jeans to work. but trying to get into the role this year was more difficult than I had planned. I've been tucking in my shirt, shaving my once beloved beard and wearing slacks for so long that I just felt, uncomfortable. I don't like outside forces shaping me. I realize this happens all the time due to sensor bombardment from media, friends, family, and many other unavoidable outside sources. but to have my job, specifically this job, affect me in such a way as to make me uncomfortable...that just made me, well, uncomfortable. I hate this job, I love being a slob, why is this suddenly an issue? I want to get back to being comfortable in the things that I am comfortable. and that may mean slippers and a rope for a few weeks, sorry honey. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment