Saturday, February 5, 2011

downtime

Stacey and I were asked to watch the dogs and the house while my parents are on their cruise. we jumped at the chance. while mom and dad go someplace warm so do we! chicago is almost 9 whole degrees warmer than two rivers! woot! bring on the sunshine. so while we're down here, we need stuff to do. you can only apply for jobs and school so much. and only watch netflix so much. (ps. totally had netflix the whole time I was at fam vid. suck it.) so stacey asked me, "what did you guys do for fun around here." and answer is simple, nothing. Joe, my best man, told her we watched movies, played halo, ping pong hacky sack and talked. see the thing I had forgotten was that we were in school at the time. we only had weekends to try and squeeze in as much fun as possible and even then we had homework. and in the summer I worked jobs in other states. I've kinda come to the conclusion that no matter where you live. there is nothing to do, atleast not without spending a ton of money. at some point hiking mountains will lose its luster, halo will pwn out, and pingpong elbow will sideline even the most seasoned athlete.
Pictured: Most Seasoned Athlete
So for the time being it looks like we'll be going to a couple bars with friends and maybe catching a movie at the cheap theatre not far from the house. so glad we've gotten out of that old wisconsin routine...=]

No comments:

Post a Comment